Vegan boring and tasteless? Well, think again! There are many nice things you can make vegan-style if you just do some research. I’m new to the whole vegan thing. As you can read in a previous post I only have experience with vegetarian dishes.
Some beginner mistakes when I first made the vegan chocolate banana pie:
- I didn’t let the tofu leak until all the water was out. Result: moist pie that was falling apart.
- I didn’t blend the tofu enough. Result: big pieces of tofu in the pie.
Recipe for 6/8 people
Cooking time: 30–60 minuts
- 400 tofu
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons (soja)margarine
- 1 bar of pure chocolate or 125 grams of cacao powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 package of cookies (you can go with what ever you like)
- 0,5 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons (soja)margarine
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tablespoons of margarine OR mix the cacao powder with 2 table spoons of margarine
- Mix the banana (you can blend it first with a blender or just use a fork), tofu (make sure you pressed all the water out and blend it in a blender until it’s smooth), sugar and the chocolate mixture until it’s smooth
- Crumble up the cookies and mix them with 6 tablespoons of margarine until the cookie crumbles stick together
- Put the cookiemixture into a baking tin
- Poor the stuffing into the baking tin and bake the pie for about 15/20 minutes at 150/175 Celsius degree
And that’s just how the cookie crumbles! Bon appétit!